Pennsylvania lawmakers have enacted statutes that protect the rights of victims of crime.
The McKean County District Attorney’s Office has a Victim Witness Coordinator who provides these services to victims at no cost to the victim. A few of these services include:
- A complete explanation of the Criminal Justice System.
- Timely notification of any changes within your case.
- Assistance in the reporting of any instances where a victim/witness may be subject to intimidation by the defendant or a third party.
- Accompaniment to interviews and any court appearances.
- Assistance and information regarding the issues of restitution and victim impact statements.
- Verification to employers concerning time missed due to court proceedings.
- Assistance with the return of property that has been confiscated as evidence.
- Chair the Victim Advisory Board.
If you are a victim of crime, please contact Victim Witness Coordinator Lisa Schleger at (814) 887-3312 ext. 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org